I. Mercy Ministries
We envision developing Mercy Ministries so that we are able to
biblically, effectively, and efficiently meet the not only spiritual needs of
the congregation but the practical needs as well. We envision accomplishing
this church-wide through a deaconate ministry.
Galatians 6:9–10 (ESV) “And let
us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not
give up. 10 So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and
especially to those who are of the household of faith.”
We will ascribe to the priority that Scripture gives us of
ministering first to those of the household of faith. This will happen as men
and women are trained, equipped, and informed as to how to best help those in
our midst who need the assistance of others in the meeting of practical needs.
II. Leadership Development
We envision the intentional development of leadership that is
qualified for the various ministries of the church. We envision this happening
through personal and group training opportunities.
Philippians 2:4–7 (ESV) “Let
each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of
others. 5Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, 6who,
though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be
grasped, 7 but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in
the likeness of men.”
No church will prosper without those who are willing and
qualified to serve as leaders. It is our desire to not only assure the success
of Grace in this present moment but to train those who will envision a future
for this church and submit themselves to all that is necessary for their
leadership to be exercised to the glory of God.
We value each individual being encouraged to pray as part of their
personal spiritual disciplines.
We value the discipline of prayer and the sharing of praise for
III. Numerical Growth
We envision 2012 being a year of numerical growth for GCC. We
envision this taking place through equipping our people to share their faith in
Christ and through various other means.
Acts 2:44–47 (ESV) “And all who
believed were together and had all things in common. 45And they were selling
their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any
had need. 46And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in
their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, 47
praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their
number day by day those who were being saved.”
We believe, as Scripture teaches us, that it is the Lord that
grows the church. But concurrent with that belief is the understanding that we,
the people of the church, are many times the means that God uses to bring
others into the church. Therefore we envision 2012 being a year where we as a
church body will encourage each other to do what we can and should do to grow
our church numerically.
Romans 10:14 (ESV) “How then
will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to
believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without
IV. Global Missions Awareness
We envision a church that is fully aware and informed about God‟s work in
missions around the globe. We envision the church becoming more closely
acquainted with Dave and Mindy Nelson as well as other international
Psalm 66:1–4 (ESV) “Shout for
joy to God, all the earth; 2 sing the glory of his name; give to him glorious
praise! 3 Say to God, “How awesome are your deeds! So great is your power that
your enemies come cringing to you. 4All the earth worships you and sings
praises to you; they sing praises to your name.”
Faith has to always look like something or as James said it is
likely dead. A vibrant faith will likely result in a life that is stewarded for
the glory of God especially in the work of His church. We will, by the grace of
God, work together to train, equip, challenge, and encourage each other to
courageously use all that God has given to us in a way that demonstrates that
the wisdom of God has penetrated our hearts and minds.
- We value practical demonstrations of the love of God to our community.
- We value ministry reaching body and soul.
- We value the need to understand the current socio-economic values of our community.
- We value our partnerships with other churches and ministries.
- We value providing the tools necessary for each individual to practice evangelism.
II. Discipleship/Spiritual Growth
- We value teaching that not only enables intellectual understanding of the Bible but also applies biblical principles to every aspect of life
- We value making disciples of Christ and disciples making disciples.
- We value personal spiritual disciplines such as individual devotions, Bible study, meditation, and memorization
- We value providing opportunities and resources for every age group.
- We value the teaching of sound biblical reformed theology.
- We value a commitment to depend on God‟s grace and mercy in prayer
- We value both organized and informal prayer.
- We value each individual being encouraged to pray as part of their personal spiritual disciplines.
- We value the discipline of prayer and the sharing of praise for answered prayer
IV. Mutual Care
- We value one another relationships which includes loving accountability
- We value the uniqueness of each individual within our body.
- We value the sacrificial sharing of our resources to help one another.
- We value employing biblical doctrine for counseling within our mutual relationships.
V. Global Missions
- We value supporting global ministries that are making disciples and church leaders from all people groups to establish local churches worldwide
- We value an awareness of the persecuted church and the issues that our fellow believers are facing.
- We value the participation of each individual church member in global missions.
- We value the identification and training of those called to global missions.
- We value Biblically based leadership
- We value the identification and training of those called to leadership.
- We value the affiliation with other churches and ministries that provide leadership development at GCC.
- We value an elder and deaconate team that is engaged with the membership of GCC.
- We value worship that is varied and multi or cross generationally engaging.
- We value Spirit led worship that is earnest, intense, and passionate about the things of God and his Son
- We value in our worship fervent, biblical, Spirit-anointed and God-exalting preaching
- We value preaching that is corporately applicable and personally effective
- We value being a singing people with growing appreciation for diverse expressions of love for God.
- We value the importance of both head and heart in our worship services.
- We value being intentional to train, equip, and prepare the next generation to live biblical Christ-centered lives.
- We value encouraging cross generational relationships
- We value building strong marriages and families that portray the covenant-keeping love between Christ and his Church.
- We value the potential in Christian households for strategic hospitality aimed at reaching and welcoming un-churched of our community
- We value being known as a church that is willing to unconditionally love.